- Pinheiros Altos
- Golf Courses & Facilities
- Golf Academy
- Green Fees & Offers
- Royal Algarve Hotel & Spa
- Our Hotels
- News & Events
Pinheiros Altos Golf Resort News, Press & Events
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - May 201619 May 2016
Despite the weather, there were still many outstanding events and winners throughout last month. Mai and the ladies raised €6,200 for The Lions Club in Almancil and the Salvation Army, while Social Golf had a great turnout.
Find out more about putting stroke basics courtesy of Ross Sutherland, the Green Committee's plans going forward and the many exciting forthcoming events in the latest issue.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - April 201611 April 2016
Between the AGM, St Patrick's Day, Easter and the APPA day... as well as the many other competitions taking place, March was a very busy month for all at Pinheiros Altos!
Find out who won what, how the new Captains are getting on and all the latest updates and tips in this month's newsletter.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - March 201617 March 2016
The latest news and events from Pinheiros Altos Golf Club.
Read the final Captain's report from outgoing Captain, Stewart Harper...
And hear about the exciting new develpments looming on the horizon.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - February 201617 February 2016
With fantastic course conditions and hard work from all involved, the fourth Algarvian Invitational Senior Tournament was a great success last month! We also co-organised the first Algarvian Charity Pro Am and saw many more exciting games take place.
The next couple of months are set to be fun-filled with Easter activities, charity sales, social golf, Inter Club competitions and so much more. Find out updates, winners and tips in our latest newsletter.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - January 201619 January 2016
From the Boxing Day event to the New Year Day's Scramble, the festive season was fun-filled here at Pinheiros Altos! As well as looking back at who won what and the many tournaments and experiences we enjoyed, we also look forward to another outstanding year.
The 4th Algarvian Invitational is underway, the A.G.M is in its planning stages and there's also the two-day Valentine's Trophy to sign up to. Find out more, including a top-tip from Pro Ross Sutherland, in this month's newsletter.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - December 201511 December 2015
Though the weather was a little all over the place, it didn't stop members from taking part in many exciting competitions during November, including the Foursomes Championship, St Andrews Stableford and the Autumn Medal Rosebowl.
Find out all the latest results, an update on greens conditions and the many events to look forward to during the countdown to Christmas and beyond at Pinheiros Altos!
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - November 201513 November 2015
Despite the mixed weather, it's been another busy month at Pinheiros Altos! The Wooden Spoon was handed to the men, Pink Day raised the impressive sum of €5,136 for the Algarve Oncology Association, and there were a whole host of additional winners in an array of challenging competitions!
Find the full results for October, and more information about the many upcoming events, including the New Year's Eve party, Algarvian Charity Pro Am, Valentine's Golf Tournament, 'Yellow Ball' Social Golf event and much, much more...
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - October 201513 October 2015
Despite the weather, September was a fun-filled and busy month with Lady Captains Day, Presidents Day, the Senior Championship and many more exciting events to attend and take part in.
October is set to be even busier with the Autumn Medal Rosebowl, Pink Day Charity and the all-important Wooden Spoon. Read last month's full round-up and find out more about October's line-up here...
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - September 2015 08 September 2015
From the Director of Golf
August as expected was very calm after the storm, it gave us time to look back on the Sunshine Classic Members Gala Week which was a great success and I take this opportunity to thank all the players who took part and made it into such an enjoyable
week for all.
On 4th August, we had our annual Junior Open with 27 juniors taking part in a great day organized by our Pro Peter Ashdown and sponsored by Mr. Malcolm Helder, also with the help of some past Captains & members on the day. The Champion was Ricardo Costa and congratulations to him on what I am sure will be the first of many more trophies.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - August 201512 August 2015
Many members enjoyed a fun-filled Gala week this July, complete with fancy-dress costumes, live music, a delicious dinner and challenging golf tournament!
Take a look at the photos, find out who won what during the many competitions last month and learn about forthcoming events this August.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - July 201509 July 2015
With Captain's Day, an Ascot themed charity event... and enough erratic weather to last a lifetime, it was an eventful month for everybody at Pinheiros Altos Golf Club.
Read all about it here...
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - June 201505 June 2015
We've had a busy month; from 72 players joining us for the first Portuguese Senior Association South Region Tournament, to an Invitation Day that raised 800€ for charity. Therese Van Doorn won the annual Past Captains Day while Quinta do Lago won the Ben Hogan Trophy.
As well as announcing many more worthy winners, this month's issue also includes a report about the course from Agronomist Carlos Guerreiro, a pro-tip from Ross Sutherland and, if you haven't already spotted it, mentions of the PA clock. We look forward to seeing you at Captains Day, the Interclub Match against Boavista, and Ascot Day, amongst many other events!
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - May 201515 May 2015
April was once again very busy, and May looks set to be equally as exciting! Despite bad weather at times, we're pleased to announce the many winners of the month in this newsletter. Over the next month or so there are a variety of tournaments and trophies, Captains Day, Invitation Day, Ascot Ladies Day and much more to look forward to.
Unfortunately Jorge Afonso has left Pinheiros Altos and we wish him great success in his new career, alongside congratulating Rui Tomé in his new role as Catering Manager. Find out all the latest updates, news and a handy pro tip from Kenny Fairbairn in issue 133.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - April 201515 April 2015
March was a very busy month leading up to alot of appreciation, thanks, congratulations and reports at the AGM. Despite mixed weather effecting the Greens, scores were excellent and last month's calendar led to many well-deserved wins.
Looking forward, there are many exciting events and competitions lined-up over the next couple of months... as well as new dates for the proposed trip to Loch Lomond. Work on long putting with Ross Sutherland's pro-tip, sign up for the Gala Week and take the opportunity to find out more about the latest news, changes and updates in the April 2015 newsletter.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - March 201509 March 2015
With the A.G.M fast approaching, the Captain has taken the opportunity to share his thanks, while the Ladies' Section is full of congratulations, providing a positive start to the month!
There are a few decisions and actions to be taken by the Greens Committee in order to maintain the course going forward, all of which are listed in this issue, while Kenny Fairbairn offers his pro-tip on starting the downswing.
The St. Valentine's event was a great success and March is set to be busy with Social Golf, St Patrick's Day Medal, the first Interclub fixture and many more competitions and events to look forward to.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - February 201510 February 2015
The weather (mainly) stayed fine, the greens at PA have been running at 13 and we've enjoyed a variety of competitions this January. The Senior Invitational attracted 81 players, including several of the top European Tour players, while the Winter Medal was won by Tim Russell and the January Stableford by our Lady Captain Adrienne Buth.
Find out A.G.M details, news on how our very own club teaching professionals Ross and Kenny got on in Arizona, competition results and the exciting calendar of upcoming events, including the St Valentine's Tournament in Issue 130.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - January 201513 January 2015
The festive season was full of celebration both on and off the course! The many competitions, hole-in-ones and improvements in course conditions ensured a month of exciting golf... while turkey suppers and the São Lourenço choir provided an enchanting Christmas atmosphere. December is also a time of giving, and a huge well done goes to Jenny Harrison for her hard work towards the ACCA foundation.
With beautiful weather and 155 players, the New Year's Day Scramble was the perfect way to start 2015 and we look forward to a busy month ahead, including hosting the European Seniors Tour. With greens running faster and truer, there's an air of optimism for our course conditions and we're looking forward to a year of great golf!
- New Year's Eve Dinner & Dancing15 December 2014
Join your friends, family and golfing companions at the finest clubhouse in the Algarve for the party of the year... and a culinary experience to remember. Expect a New Year extravaganza to treasure throughout the whole of 2015.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - December 201411 December 2014
With Christmas on the horizon, the golf schedule is beginning to slow down for the festive season, but there is still a lot to discuss in this issue. Stuart and Leigh Anderson, Rie Cherubini and Melaura Parker all enjoyed success in the month's main competitions, while our latest pro-am has raised €3400 for the ACCA.
We'd also like to draw your attention to the Christmas board in the clubhouse, which details the many activities taking place this festive season. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all members.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - November 201407 November 2014
We celebrated the 10th anniversary of the Social Golf this month and are also happy to report a noticeable improvement in conditions on the course thanks to a great deal of hard work and support. The men retained the Wooden Spoon following a win by the ladies despite the weather, while the Interclub team have been promoted to the 1st Division of the Algarve league. We'd also like to congratulate Lisa Burns for her win in the Autumn Rosebowl Medal.
Alongside the latest news and event details, you can find further information about enjoying a round of golf with Gordon J Brand, as well as the many tournaments lined up for the festive season and beyond.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - October 201410 October 2014
Last month was a busy one, with many exciting events taking place. There was the September Match Play Championship, the Ladies Invitation Day and our own mini Ryder Cup. The annual Pink Day also took place, and we raised a grand total of over €4500 for charity.
Next month is the dreaded Wooden Spoon, where the men will be hoping they can hand the spoon back to the ladies.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - September 201415 September 2014
Though August was a quieter month, competitions including the annual Junior Open took place...and in some of the hottest temperatures of the summer.
September is set to offer many more possibilities to play golf including the club Matchplay Championship, the Ryder Club Pinheiros Altos, as well as the Ladies Charity Pink Day. Find the forthcoming events calendar, the latest updates from the Greens Committee, a full round-up of the month and so much more in the new issue...
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - August 201414 August 2014
July was a perfect month for golf, as the weather was mild and cooler than usual, and the focal point of July was the highly anticipated Gala Week.
There's also news aplenty on all the other competitions and activity during the month, as well as our recent charitable efforts, and Interclub Captain Christian Holst outlines his selection process for upcoming interclub matches.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - July 201411 July 2014
June passed by in a blaze of activity. We've had President's Day, Captain's and Lady Captain's Day... and a host of great golf and fun times. It has been a marathon of golf and our social calendar has been just as full.
Read all about the action packed month here... and enjoy the brief respite, because Gala Week is just around the corner - and the fun packed golf and social events are set to flow thick and fast.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - June 201406 June 2014
From winning the Ben Hogan Challenge to worthy winners of the Mixed Matchplay, our June issue provides the all-important details and an array of photos from an exciting month at Pinheiros Altos.
Featuring our unmissable upcoming calendar, including the Rio themed Gala Week, this issue will ensure you find out what's happening and rejoice in our successes so far this summer. Find out the latest updates, the pro-tip by Kenny Fairbairn and a positive outcome from our recent support of the ACCA charity...
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - May 201415 May 2014
This issue of the newsletter sees the arrival of two new captains... and one of the busiest months in the Pinheiros Altos calendar: featuring the AGM, along with a range of golf and social events that passed by in a whirl of activity.
Read on for all the usual features, including, the Director of Golf's report, articles from the new captains, the social golf section... and the latest pro-tip.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - April 201407 April 2014
As Captaincies come to an end... and the time has come for others to step into the breach, it's an exciting month at Pinheiros Altos. Next month will see some new writers taking up their pens... and in this month's edition we have some moving and excellent sign-offs from Graeme Thomson and Rie Cherubini.
There's also news of our brand new website section, which will allow all members to sign up for forthcoming competitions using the new online portal. We hope you enjoy the latest issue...
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - March 201410 March 2014
The month of February is generally one of the quieter months in our Club's active diary... it's the time of year when many of our resident members head off on holidays to warmer climes and more settled weather, in order to recharge their batteries (figuratively speaking) for the year ahead.
Recently, however, we've introduced a couple of events for February which have certainly sparked interest with the membership and have been well supported.
The first - and now in its second year - is the reciprocal social with Quinta do Lago. Which, despite the weather intervention, is going from strength to strength, and I must thank Iain Callaghan of PA and Mark Foot of QdL for all their additional coordination on this occasion...
Discover what else has been happening, inside.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - February 201411 February 2014
As we look forward to what is to come at the club during 2014, it is with considerable disappointment that we inform our members of Mr.Walter Dickson's recent decision to step down from his role as Club President.
Walter was the first official Captain of the Club in 1999, which created the stepping stone to the Club we have today. He became President of Pinheiros Altos Golf Club in 2000 until 2003 and then stood for a second term as President of the Club in 2007 until now.
For a decade and more his steady hand and guidance have been invaluable.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - January 201410 January 2014
December, as you might imagine, was awash with festive cheer, Christmas parties and New Year fun...
However, along with an array of great golf and good times, Pinheiros Altos also looked to those less fortunate and pushed ahead with some much needed charity work in the community.
There was also a fantastic tribute to the former Director of Golf Brian Evans, who was honoured with a 'special' - and new - production of 'The Life of Brian' which went down a storm.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - December 201311 December 2013
November has been kind to us here at Pinheiros and we have experienced some lovely warm weather. This proved the perfect backdrop to a number of exciting competitions and tournaments, and as always, we saw some impressive golf from all.
The Foursomes Championships, the St. Andrew's Day Challenge and a social with Quinta do Lago left us in high spirits for the festive celebrations to come.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - November 201312 November 2013
October - what a month! With so many events taking place we hardly knew where to start with this newsletter. Of course, there was one that caught everyone's attention during this very busy period and that was the Wooden Spoon. This year, the Ladies team proved victorious, playing some wonderful golf that eventually led to the Gents being presented with the spoon.
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - October 201310 October 2013
Competitive play has been at the forefront of activity at Pinheiros Altos this month. We saw the much anticipated Individual Matchplay Championships take place with an overwhelmingly large number of participants. The result was an exciting tournament with an impressive quality of golf demonstrated by all.
There are a number of exciting events coming up, and plenty of chances for the Membership to socialise and have fun. There will be a Texas Scramble and a competition with Quinta do Lago in the coming weeks...
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - May 2016
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - April 2016
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - March 2016
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - February 2016
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - January 2016
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - December 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - November 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - October 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - September 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - August 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - July 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - June 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - May 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - April 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - March 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - February 2015
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - January 2015
- New Year's Eve Dinner & Dancing
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - December 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - November 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - October 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - September 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - August 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - July 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - June 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - May 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - April 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - March 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - February 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - January 2014
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - December 2013
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - November 2013
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - October 2013
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter - September 2013
- Pinheiros Altos Members Newsletter – August 2013
- A Tribute to David Grove
- New Green Fees and Special Offers
- Pinheiros Altos Golf Club Members Fun Day
- Pinheiros Altos Golf Club Sunshine Classic Gala Week
- Golf Tournaments & Events Jul-Dec 2010
- Golf Tournaments & Events Jan-Jun 2010
- Golf Tournaments & Events Dec 09